The Lion King
Run time 89 mins
Bring your lawn chairs, blankets
THE LION KING is the story of Simba, the cub of Mufasa, the king of the jungle. Simba "just can't wait to be king." But his evil Uncle Scar, bitterly jealous of Mufasa, wants to be king, so he arranges for Mufasa to be killed in a stampede and makes Simba think he's responsible. Simba runs away and finds friends in Pumbaa the warthog and Timon the meerkat, who advise him that the best philosophy is "hakuna matata" (no worries). Simba grows up thinking that he has escaped his past, but his childhood friend Nala finds him and tells him that, under Scar's leadership, the tribe has suffered badly.
Tuesday, August 22nd
at Dusk (about 8:00 PM)
Behind the Community Center
11390 Waterview Way
You Are Invited To
Mom I’m Bored!!
Kids' Painting Class
Friday, August 25th, 10 AM - Noon
Stonemill Farms Community Center
11390 Waterview Way
Cost $25 per child
Includes 16 x20” gallery wrapped canvas, easels, brushes,
paints, aprons and professional staff.
Sign up NOW, space is limited!
Please RSVP to Events@Stonemilllife.com by August 23rd
With your child’s Name and Age
All elementary school age and above are welcome! If your child is under the age of 8, we ask that a parent stays with them throughout the class.
STONEMILL FARMS COMMUNITY
August 28, 2017
Stonemill Farms Community Center
For the full Annual Meeting Notice that was sent out early last week, please click here:
2017 Annual Meeting Notice
UPDATED TRASH FAQ
Tennis Sanitation: 651-459-1887
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who do we contact about missed pickups/bin sizes/yard waste/bulk pick up/other service questions?
You may contact Tennis directly at 651-459-1887
Last week I accidentally put my trash in the Tennis bin and Republic wouldn't pick it up, why and now what?
Republic stated they could not legally service Tennis bins. However, because of this, Tennis will be picking up all trash,
including the trash Republic wouldn't on Monday, July 3rd at no extra charge.
Why wasn’t yard waste negotiated into the contract?
For the homeowners who use the service, yard waste was negotiated into the contract at the best rate we could obtain.
It was free before, why won’t the Association pay for the yard waste?
As with all costs related to the Association, yard waste would have to have been accounted for in the budget. The Association was never charged for yard waste, therefore, it was never considered for the budget. In order for the Association to pay for yard waste, dues would have to have been increased approximately $8.00 per month, per homeowner.
Why do I have to pay for a larger trash bin?
The Association has only ever covered the cost of 65 gallons trash cans. If a homeowner wanted a larger bin, they were to set it up with Troje’s directly and Troje’s would bill them separately. It is our understanding some people didn’t get charged for a larger can and some people did. The Association was never billed for larger trash cans for anyone, therefore, it was never considered for the budget. As with the yard waste, if the Association was to pay for the larger trash cans, the dues would have gone up another $3.50 per month, per homeowner.
Why weren’t the homeowners informed they would have to pay for yard waste/larger bins?
Homeowners were informed there was going to be a yard waste change in September, 2016 in an email that went out containing a letter from Republic. We tried very hard to keep it free to homeowners, but no trash vendor would offer that. Vendors have to send out a separate truck and also have to pay dumping fees for yard waste so that ends up being a cost to the Association and/or homeowners.
As for the larger bins, as stated above, it was believed that all homeowners were being charged for larger bins so we did not feel the need to inform people of an extra charge for larger bins.
Can we store the yard waste bins outside next to the house/garage?
No. In order to keep the aesthetic standard of Stonemill Farms, yard waste bins must be kept in the garage just like the trash and recycling bins.
Why Tennis Sanitation?
Four vendors were sent the request for proposal (two national companies and two local companies). One of the vendors was the current vendor, Republic Services. Tennis was the company than came back with the best prices (including yard waste, bulk items, etc.). They also had the best rating when it came to customer service.
Why are we changing vendors again?
We actually didn’t change the vendor voluntarily. Troje’s was purchased by Republic Services through the bankruptcy process. We really didn’t have a choice with regard to vendors as we were locked into a contract the Court would not allow us to cancel.
Will our trash day change?
No. The trash day will remain Monday. Please have trash & recycling on curb by 6:00 AM
When will we get new cans?
New trash and recycling cans will be delivered beginning the week of June 19th .
What about the old cans?
You may leave them at the end of your driveway on the last day of Republic Services pick up which will be June 26th. It may take them a couple of days to retrieve all of the cans so please leave them out at the end of your driveway.
Since there will be a transition of about two weeks with the cans, you my leave one set of cans outside your garage until the transition is complete.
What are the can sizes?
- Each single family home will have a 65 gallon cart for trash and a 65 gallon cart for single sort recycling.
- Each townhome will have a 65 gallon cart for trash and a 35 gallon cart for single sort recycling.
You can change the cart sizes to fit your needs. Once service has been started (July 3rd), please call the Tennis customer service at 651-459-1887 and they will arrange for a different size can
Will there be yard waste service?
Yes, however, there will be a charge for this service:
- Yard waste must be arranged with Tennis directly.
- $3.00 per bag with a two (2) bag minimum pick up. OR
- $95.00 for the season (mid-April through mid-November. Homeowners will get a 95 gallon cart that they can simply wheel out to the end of the driveway each week.
- Yard waste will be billed to the homeowner.
We’ve never been charged before for yard waste so why are we getting charged now?
Per Minnesota law, yard waste cannot go in with regular trash. The haulers have to send out a separate truck to pick up yard waste and also they get charged for dumping it. Republic Services honored the Troje contract and didn’t charge for yard waste. However, as noted above in question #1, all of the vendors who were sent the request for proposal came back with a charge for yard waste. To arrange yard waste pick up, please call Tennis directly at 651-459-1887.
What if I have bulk items?
Homeowners must call and arrange the pickup with Tennis directly. The cost ranges from $10.00 to $125.00 depending on the type and size of item. You may contact Tennis at 651-459-1887.
Will they pick up electronics?
Yes. As with bulk items there is a charge and homeowners must call Tennis at 651-459-1887 and arrange the pickup with Tennis directly.
NOTE: As part of the Tennis service, they will provide each household one bulk item per year at no additional charge. This excludes mattresses and/or box springs (they get charged extra for this).
What about customer service?
Tennis has an excellent customer service team and has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Do you expect any issues during the transition?
We do not anticipate any serious issues. However, with over 1,000 homes, we do expect one or two hiccups, but Tennis will work through these as quickly as possible.
Who do we call if there are issues?
For any any issues relating to customer service, including missed pick up, to arrange yard waste or bulk item pick up, please call Tennis directly at 651-459-1887
We have been asked to pass along the information below concerning upcoming
School Board meetings regarding the middle school boundary changes.
Below are important dates regarding the middle school boundary changes.
Please wear white to show the support of the Stonemill Farms Community.
School Board Meetings:
- July 20 - School board meeting 6:30PM Discussion on preliminary plans and feedback shared by the community
- Aug. 3 - School board meeting 6:30PM Final recommendation presented to the school board (Public input opportunity)
- Aug. 17 - School board meeting 6:30PM School board decision on final recommendation (NO public input opportunity)
All meetings are held at:
The District Service Center
7362 E. Point Douglas Road
Cottage Grove, MN 55016
For more information on the middle school boundary changes, please visit the South Washington County Schools website at: http://www.sowashco.org/hottopics-next-steps/middle-school-attendance-boundaries
Please attend if you can.
Keep Stonemill Farms at LMS
AQUATIC CENTER & SPLASH PAD RULES
- Pool Hours:
- Lap Swim: 5:00AM – 9:00AM
- Open Swim: 10:00AM - 9:00PM
- THERE IS NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY, SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- The swimming pool, wading pool and splash pad are for the exclusive use of the owners of Stonemill Farms Community Association and their guests. The maximum number of guests per household is four (4).
- Children under the age of fourteen (14) are required to be attended by an adult eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Putting chairs in the pool is prohibited.
- Lifejackets are recommended to anyone who cannot swim.
- Absolutely no diving, running, wrestling, horseplay or other destructive behavior is allowed.
- Bullying of any sort or other inappropriate behavior is not allowed and will not be tolerated.
- No scooters, skateboards, inline skates, etc. are allowed in the pool area.
- Showers need to be taken before entering the pool.
- Persons who have infections or communicable diseases may not enter the pool.
- Infants and toddlers who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
- Glass bottles are not allowed in the pool area.
- Tobacco products (including vaping) are NOT allowed in the pool area at any time.
- Please keep radios/music at a respectful, appropriate volume.
- No pets are allowed in the pool area.
- Only small personal flotation toys are allowed.
- All pool toys must be removed from the pool each night. Toys left in the pool will damage the pool’s mechanical system.
- The Community Association reserves the right to revoke anyone’s privileges for not following the pool rules, exhibiting inappropriate behavior and/or delinquent dues.
- The facility has cameras and is being recorded. Those causing damage to the facility, pool and/or pool furniture will be charged accordingly.
- The Board of Directors for Stonemill Farms Community Association has the right to close the pool without notice.
- The Board of Directors for Stonemill Farms Community Association may amend these rules at any time without notice.
CONGRATULATIONS STONEMILL FARMS!
2016 ASSOCIATION OF THE YEAR
COMMUNITY EVENT CALENDAR
Get the most up to date information on Stonemill Farms Community Events on the Community Event Calendar.
All Community Events are highlighted in orange.
Click on the link below!
Community Event Calendar
When out walking your pet, please remember to clean up their waste. Thank you!
Did you know we have a Facebook page? Please stop by and Like the page and say hello!